K-2 BASE CAMP AND GONDOGORO LA TREK 2021admin
K-2 BASE CAMP AND GONDOGORO LA TREK 2021
K-2 Base camp Gondogoro La Trek gives one of the greatest and loveliest mountain panoramas on earth. In a small area there are four peaks above 8,000 meters are nestled beside hundreds of peaks of varying altitude and beauty. The scenery here truly cannot be matched anywhere else in the world. By a spectacular flight or drive along the KKH from Islamabad, we will reach Skardu from where a seven hours jeep drive takes to Askole for two weeks onward trek over the panoramic Gondogoro La (5,500m) to Hushe village. Optional rest days at Concordia, the meeting point of Baltoro, Godwin Austen and Vigin Glaciers, will take us in close contact to great peaks including K-2, Broad Peak Gasherbrum II & I. The climax of the trek is the crossing of the Gondogoro La to enter the Hushe valley to take the return road journey to Islamabad. With the logistic support of Balti porters, the trek becomes a mixture of nature and cultural splendors. For a magical experience let experience this trek.
Day 01: Arrival Islamabad
Arrival at airport and then transfer to hotel. Overnight stay in hotel at Islamabad (only for foreigners)
Day 02: Islamabad to Skardu (By Air)
Early morning flight to Skardu (flights are subject to weather), if unable to fly; depart for Skardu by road with overnight stay at Chilas.
Day 03: Chilas to Skardu
In case of flight has operated; go for sightseeing tour of Skardu and in case no flight, the day will be used for over land travel from Chilas to Skardu (total drive is 22 – 24 hrs from Islamabad to Skardu). Overnight stay in hotel at Skardu.
04: Skardu to Askoli
After breakfast will embark jeeps for a full day ride on a winding jeep trail to Askole – The last inhabitance on our way to the Great Glaciers. (Tent)
Day 05: Askole to Jhula
After breakfast; trek to Jhula. Today we will leave the last inhabited village of Askoli. For the remaining portion of our journey we will rely on our local team who will carry our food and equipment. Trek to the Dumurdo river cross at Jhula, (Jhula means wire Rope-Bridge supported by a wooden basket); nowadays wooden bridge has been built to cross it. (Tent)
Day 06: Jhula to Paiju
We will resume trek along the Braldu River to a green oasis under the shadows of Paiju Peak 6611 M. (Tent)
Day 07: Rest Day at Paiju
Rest & acclimatization day at Paiju.(Tent)
Day 08: Paiju to Urdukas / Khubursae
Begin trek after an early breakfast. (Tent)
Day 09: Urdukas to Goro I / Goro II
A long walk on the icy Baltoro Glacier. (Tent)
Day 10: Goro II to Concordia
After an early breakfast, we will resume a long walk on the Baltoro Glacier to a point called Concordia – a huge junction of Baltoro, Abruzzi & Godwin Austen Glaciers at 4000 meters. (Tent)
Day 11: Rest day at Concordia
Members are free to explore K2 base (A day trip 3-4 hrs down) after an early breakfast, resume your walk to K2 Base Camp and enjoy memorial lunch at K2 base camp and back to Concordia (Tent)
Day 12: Concordia to Ali Camp
After an early breakfast we will leave the Concordia for Ali Camp. (Tent)
Day 13: Ali Camp – Cross Gondogoro Pass – Khuspang
A very early start as early as 2 or 3 O’clock in the morning, will take quick breakfast and leave for Gondogoro La. During the sunrise we will reach at the top of the Gondogoro pass (5,650m). We can have a magnificent view of the all 8 thouands peaks from the top of Gondogoro pass, like K2, Broad Peak, GI GII, and many others 7 thousands peak in the background. It would be straight down decent from the top to Khuspang campsite. (Tent)
Day 14: Khuspang to Shaicho
After a couple of minutes of easy walk we will come onto the glacier. We will pick our way across moving boulders and ice, and finally crossing the glacier up to the camping site we will reach Shaicho. Walk: 06 – 07 hrs, Grade: Easy, Altitude: 3800 m. (Tent)
Day 15: Shaicho to Hushe
After breakfast we will continue walk along the Hushe River on an easy path. Upon arrival in Hushe we will camp near the fields in Hushe village. (Tent)
Day 16: Hushe to Skardu
After breakfast, will embark jeeps for a full day ride on a winding jeep road to Skardu. Upon arrival transfer to hotel and check in. Overnight stay in hotel at Skardu.
Day 17: Skardu to Chilas
After breakfast, will drive for Chilas on arrival transfer to hotel, overnight stay in hotel at Chilas Hotel
Day 18: Chilas to Islamabad
After breakfast, will depart for Islamabad via Babusar pass. On arrival transfer to hotel, overnight stay in hotel at Islamabad. (only for foreigners)
Day 19: Islamabad
We will proceed for de-briefing at Alpine Club in Islamabad. Afternoon, we will go for city tour of Islamabad. Overnight stay in hotel at Islamabad. (only for foreigners)
Day 20: Islamabad to Flight out
Transfer to airport for fly back home. (only for foreigners)
Please Note: Gilgit Baltistan flights are subject to weather and backlog, in case of flight cancellation we will travel by road, and one night of Islamabad will be adjusted in overland travel.
2,500 USD per person (for foreigners)
190,000 PKR per person (for Pakistani Nationals)
170,000 PKR per person (from Skardu for Pakistani Nationals)
- 100% will be refunded if cancelation made 30 days before departure
- 50% will be refunded if cancelation made 15 days before departure
(Refund will be made within 6 working days
Duration: 20 days
Departure date: 18th June 2021
Best time: Mid June to End August
- Traveling Cost (Islamabad to Islamabad)
- Generator facility on camping night
- Thuraya phone during trekking (call charges not included)
- Hotel accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Sleeping tents on twin person sharing basis.
- 12 Kg porter facility for member’s personal gear – (Above 12 Kg will be separately charged from member on spot, as per porter rate per Kg)
- Permit formalities with the Gilgit Baltistan Council
- Documentation with the Gligit Baltistan council for the permit process
- Trekking permit fees
- CKNP waste management fees
- 02 nights in Islamabad (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) (only for foreigners)
- 02 nights in Chilas (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- 03 nights in Skardu (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
As per itinerary
- Pick up (in group) on arrival and drop-off on departure (in group) to airport
- Air-condition van or flight from Islamabad–Skardu-Islamabad
- Arrange transport on briefing and debriefing occasion (only for foreigners)
As per itinerary
4 X4 Jeeps
- Jeeps from Skardu – Askoli
- Jeeps from Askoli -Skardu
As per itinerary
- Trekking foods 16 / 17 days food (during the trek, will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Camping Materials:
- Mess tent, kitchen tent and kitchen \crockery
- All porters’ wages, kits and insurance
- English speaking Guide and his wages, camp food, transport and his insurance
- Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
- Fees: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)
- International flights tickets re-confirmations
- Custom clearing assistance
Services not included:
- Member international flight tickets
- Member personal insurance
- Sleeping bag and all personal expenses such as telephone calls, fax, email charges
- Room service,
- Any unforeseen expenses (just like road block extra hotel stay) etc.
- Insurance liability and other under force majeure Conditions, medical aid and helicopter rescue Coverage of members etc.
- Jeep rent for local excursion (if any as like Deosai etc.)
- Any other service not mentioned above
Recommended list of equipment
- Water proof jacket
- Light cotton socks
- Woollen socks 2 pairs
- Thermal upper
- Thermal trouser
- Gloves (water proof)
- Woollen cap
- Sun cap/hat
- Sleeping bag
- Head cover (scarf)
- Full sleeves t-shirts
- Water proof trouser
- Sun glasses (uv)
- Water bottle 1.5 ltr
- Two trekking sticks
- Head torch (high beam)
- Extra cells for torch
- Sun block
- Lip salve
- Trekking boots/ covered joggers
- Small towel
- Tooth brush
- (02) Carabineers
Other terms & Conditions:
Our Terms & Conditions are strictly followed and applied. We request you to read and agree with them before booking a trip with us.
1. The members shall not be indulged in any act reflecting moral or character failing during the trip.
2. All members would give extra care for the local environmental care. Garbage (tins. Water bottles, wrappers etc.) shall be suitably disposed without polluting water sources.
3. During the trip, the itineraries may be affected by reasons beyond control of the organizers In such situation, organizers will not be held responsible in any case.
4. On steep ascends/descends in mountainous areas; air conditions of the buses will be operational on on-off basis to avoid the vehicles from overheating.
5. Every possible care will be taken for the safety of members, still each venture can be fraught with endangers of unforeseen natural disasters like avalanches and crevasse falls or any other accidents and sometimes such disasters cannot be ruled out. In any such type of accident during the whole tour, the company, group leader and the tour organizers will not be held responsible in any form.
6. In case of theft, lost or damage to personal belongings during the duration of the trip, organizers will not be held responsible in any case.
7. On adventure trek of this type, weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors beyond the control of organizers can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the Leader and Guide will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group.
8. The Organizers reserves the right to use event photos for electronic/digital media.
9. Smoking in the transport is strictly prohibited.
10. The Organizers reserves the right to terminate / regret any participant due to indiscipline,
11. Read the Services not Included Portion Carefully
For more info and details Contact:
+92 0335 0820 820
+92 0300 840 1670
Leave a Reply